You may encounter an error when trying to install the default printer in Microsoft Windows:
“Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000709). Double click the printer name and make sure that the printer is connected to the network.”
There is another possible error when installing the default printers http://windowsbulletin.com/fix-printer-error-0x00000005-operation-could-not-be-completed-access-is-denied/:
“Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000005). Access is denied.“
Manual PDF Printer Installation
- Tap Start > Control Panel > Devices and Printers.
- Select Add Printer.
- Select Add Local Printer.
- Check Use an existing port and select Documents*.pdf (Adobe PDF) from the drop-down list. Click “Next”.
- Click “Remove disk” .
- Click on “Browse” .
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat\Xtras\AdobePDF.
- Select AdobePDF.inf from the list and click “OK”.
- You will see a lot of Adobe PDF converters in the list, but count to six at the top and click Next (you may have to try several times to find the right converter in the list that works with your version of Windows).
- Name your printer, for example, Adobe PDF.
Edit with the registry editor
To solve this problem, try the following.
- Hold down the Windows key and press “R” to open the “Run” window.
- Type “regedit”, then press “Enter” to call the registry editor.
- Move on to the next location:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ Windows.
- Right-click on the “Windows” folder and select “Access Rights ”.
- Highlight “Administrators”, then select the “Full Control” checkbox and click “OK”.
- Highlight the user name, then select the Full checkbox and click OK.
- Delete the following registry values, if any:
- Try rebooting the default printer.
Hardware and device troubleshooting
This tool checks for common problems and ensures that any new devices or hardware connected to the computer are installed correctly.
Follow these steps:
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard, type “Troubleshooting” and select it.
- Click to display all options in the top left corner of the Troubleshooting window.
- Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
- Click Next to launch the Hardware and Device Troubleshooting program.
Check the status of the Print Spooler service.
Print Spooler is a spooler service that prints on reels and controls the interaction with the printer.
If this service is disabled, you cannot print or view the printer.
- Press Windows + R to open the Run command, type Services.msc, and press Enter.
- Find the printer spooler service, right-click it and start the service.
- Also, set the startup type to automatic.
- Now check if you can install the driver.